Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hey how about songs guy?

Hey everyone, Slitty here, or Optimist for those of you that (don't) know me from thi or other websites and forums. I intended to do this yesterday but a nasty storm kept disconnecting me from the internet and I got annoyed so I turned off the computer and waited a day, and here I am am :) Yay!

The Network - Teenagers From Mars
An interesting choice for a couple of reasons ...none of which have anything to do with how good the song is. The song overall is really just so-so, no better or worse than the other songs on the album.

It's interesting for one because "The Network" is a side project of the members of Green Day. It's a side project where the members deny any involvement in the band and wear masks for interviews and music videos and then never makes another album after 2004.

And for two, this is a cover of a Misfits song. Now I would expect Misfit covers from AFI because Davey Havok has the biggest hard on for The Misfits ever. He has done covers and overall seems to really enjoy them and their early music and style had a very Misfits feel.

But Green Day (and The Network since they are the same band) are as far from The Misfits as humanly possible. If Green Day and The Misfits were crustaceans, Green Day would be a shrimp and The Misfits would be ...that's right, the giant isopod.


Weezer - My Name is Jonas
Another interesting one because this one has some special meaning to me outside of whatever the hell the song is actually about. Wikipedia says its about the lead singer's mentally handicapped brother not getting car insurance, so whatever.

I recently got Guitar Hero III recently and this is one of my favorite songs to play on it and I really really suck at so it gives me a reason to keep playing it. Also this is from one of Weezer's first albums back before they sucked. And I can listen to the song and know that maybe one day Weezer will quit sucking so hardcore.

No comments: