Sunday, March 2, 2008

Whatcha gon' do with all that ass inside dem jeans?

If you know me, you really shouldn't be surprised that we're starting off here with some covers. One is absolutely horrible and the other is still kinda bad, but a very interesting take on the original, and a slight improvement, if nothing else.

Alanis Morissette - My Humps
The Black Eyed Peas version of this song probably set black people back centuries. Unfortunately, it also launched Fergie into the mainstream, which would eventually come to haunt me in the form of musical excrement like London Bridge and Fergalicious. For this, I hate the Black Eyed Peas.

Here, Alanis takes the inane, moronic gibberish of the original and ...well, sings it exactly, but in a much more soulful, dramatic way. She almost makes the song good, as well as giving it feeling, and slight credibility as a real song. This, along with a Blame Amy song I may post for you all eventually, show perfectly how someone with talent can actually make Fergie somewhat tolerable; possibly even good.


The Wiggles - Walk On The Wild Side
Hey, remember that awesome Lou Reed song about transvestites, prostitutes, sex, and has the colored girls sing, "Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo?"

So do The Wiggles, and they've decided to cover it. This is like Barney The Dinosaur covering Smack My Bitch Up. There are just some songs children's performers should probably not sing. If choosing this song wasn't weird enough in itself, they decided to change virtually all of the lyrics. I guess singing to little kids about not losing your head while giving head isn't as deep as it used to be. I would suggest staying as far away from this song as possible, but then I'd have just wasted my time writing this paragraph. Besides, this is bad enough that you've really got to hear it for yourself at least once.

No comments: